A warm welcome and traditional hospitality awaits guests at the Plough and Harrow Hotel in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
The red brick Victorian architecture of the original building together with the large garden, lawns and plentiful car parking serves to set the Plough & Harrow Hotel apart from other Birmingham hotels.
Built in 1704, originally as a wayside inn, the hotel has over the centuries become steeped in history and is recalled by many as being one of the most popular places to stay in Birmingham during the 1980's & early 1990's and was the Egon Ronay hotel of the year in 1984.
The restaurant was renowned as the place to dine at lunch and dinner and the hotel was regualry frequented by celebrities, politicians and personalities of the time.
Unfortunately from the mid 1990's the hotel suffered from a lack of investment from a number of corporate owners and it changed ownership several times.
In 2010 the hotel returned to private ownership for the first time in 50 odd years and TTM Partnership LLP, the new owners, commenced a gradual plan of phased investment & refurbishment which is expected to take up to 10 years to complete and will ultimately cover all areas of the property.
The ultimate aim is to return the hotel its historic position as a good quality, independent boutique hotel in Birmingham and being the hotel of choice for corporate & leisure travellers, wedding receptions, local functions & events as well as an everyday place to enjoy lunch, dinner or afternoon tea's.
When the existing public areas & bedrooms are refurbished consideration will be given to expand the hotel and possibly include a spa & beauty facility although this is likley to be around 2020 onwards.