Founded in 2007, Fairmont Residential has quickly developed a reputation for providing the highest quality residential care homes, services and outcomes for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and a Severe Learning Disability. Our specialist approach enables people, whose complex behaviour can challenge others, to progress and achieve positive outcomes.
Fairmont provides a person centred approach for each individual. As well as having opportunities to live in a small group home, or a bespoke single home, all of our service users have fully personalised daily plans ensuring they can be offered choice and support to pursue their own goals and live active and fulfilling lives.
As well as listening to what is important to our service users, we encourage involvement from families and advocates, recognising they are the enduring people in the lives of the young people we care for.
We have a firm commitment to high quality care and deliver this by recruiting the right management and senior team and by continuous investment in staff supervision, training and development.
We create comfortable, safe and secure homes for the people in our care. We ensure through a personalised, consistent and structured approach that our Service Users develop to their full potential. Our activity programmes reflect Service User preference and choice ensuring life is enjoyable.
Our Specific Aims
- To ensure that our service users are looked after by a professional team who are committed to improving outcomes for those in their care
- To keep our service users safe from harm
- To ensure that our service users have personal choices in the way that they live their lives.
- To ensure that families and friends are welcomed to participate as actively as possible and support the service user in maintaining meaningful relationships
- To provide a comfortable and stimulating home environment
- To follow recognised ASD specific approaches in the delivery of our service
- To support the development of independent living skills
- To support the sensory needs of our service users
The bungalow is situated in a residential area of Kidderminster within easy walking distance of the town centre, local transport and amenities. Kidderminster is a small town situated 16 miles south west of Birmingham and 14 miles from Worcester on the River Stour. Historically, it is famous for carpet-making, and as the birthplace of Sir Rowland Hill, who introduced the Penny Post. It has a range of local facilities, including the Safari Park, the Severn Valley Railway, a leisure centre and cinema.
There are a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants within walking distance. The nearby Wyre Forest and surrounding rural community provides opportunities for long walks and a wide range of outdoor pursuits. The bungalow has been completely renovated to suit our Service Users, and each of the three bedrooms have an en-suite shower room. There is underfloor heating and the environment has been created with the input of the Service Users, with each of them being mindful of the tastes of their house mates
Compatability is very important for the management team at Fairmont, and through our extensive assessment process we endeavour to accomodate young people in their home who will live happily together.