- You are here:
- Days Out
- Coalport China Museum
The Victorians loved tea! No wonder they made such exquisite china cups & pots.
You’ll be amazed by the spectacular treasures made in these quirky buildings – from elaborate statuesque vases to hand-painted miniatures, they were made for everyone from wealthy families to Queens and Tsars. See traditional techniques in riverside workshops, dress-up in the Children’s gallery and step inside the atmospheric kilns.
See and hear what our visitors think about Coalport China Museum
- See live demos of ceramic making & decorating
- Check out the extraordinary Northumberland Vase – the biggest item ever made at Coalport
- Walk inside the curiously shaped bottle kilns
- See the china made for Queen Victoria
- Have fun in the Children’s Gallery – dress-up, do puzzles and get creative
- Join-in our school holiday activities & workshops
- Paint a china flower, moneybox or paper plate
COALPORT CHINA MUSEUM CAFÉ
Café at the adjacent Youth Hostel serving light lunches, snacks, pastries and hot & cold drinks. Open daily from 11am until 4pm, 18 March – 5 October. Opening times are subject to seasonal variations. Please check when visiting during the winter months.